1.Download – CloakMe is a desktop app, which you’ll need to download and install on your computer. Click this download link and save the setup file somewhere on your hard drive.
2. Install – Find the setup file and start installing the VPN app.
3. Run CloakMe – On your desktop (if you selected the option to create a desktop shortcut), search for a green lock, which is the CloakMe icon. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator!
4. Start the 3-day trial – Click the Try CloakMe! button to start the free trial! If you plan to use it on a long-term, for personal use, you need to create a subscription-based account, which is only 3.49€ (3.83$) per month. You can also choose a weekly or yearly subscription.
5. Open the server list – Click on the wrench and screwdriver icon and then press on Servers to open the server list.
6. Choose a server – Choose a server from the list and then click Save. You could also use the “Auto select best server” option.
7. Install OpenVPN client – After you’ve selected a server and pressed the Connect button, a pop-up will appear, asking you to install the OpenVPN client. Click Yes and then make sure you also accept the installation of the Win 32-TAP driver. Both of these installations will be done automatically.
8. All done – After you’ve installed the OpenVPN client and Win 32-TAP driver, you should be properly connected to a server and good to go! Use a site like whatismyipaddress.com to see if your IP has successfully been changed!
If you have any questions or need troubleshooting support, please contact us!